- With the grill turned off and cool to touch, remove all the interior components (grates, drip pan, and flame deflector).
- Carefully clean out your fire pot of any pellets or ash. Even if the igniter rod is presumed to be off, please proceed with caution, as a functioning igniter rod can reach temperatures of 1,800°.
- Once you can visually see the igniter rod, follow the test modes step for your specific grill. [link to Wi-Fi test mode]
- If your igniter rod did not begin to glow red, it will most likely need to be replaced
Manually lighting your recteq:
If your igniter rod has gone out, you can still use your recteq to cook. You will need to manually light a fire.
DO NOT USE ANY STARTER LIQUIDS LIKE GASOLINE, KEROSENE, OR LIGHTER FLUID.
- Place a small handful of pellets in the fire pot.
- Add kindling, such as small pieces of cardboard or newspaper.
- Light and stoke the fire while the grill is off.
- Once a fire is established, turn on your recteq and replace all your components.
- Your recteq should perform as intended and result in a successful cook.
Please call (706)-922-0890 so we can confirm that your igniter rod needs to be replaced. We will happily have one shipped out to you.